Shaping the child's learning
The Middle School realm is the transitional stage for students between the age groups of 11 to 14 years. Students are to be dealt with patience by both the parents and the teachers as this is an age as a child’s character and personality starts developing.
At the start of the academic year an orientation program is organized for both parents and students separately to create an awareness of the peer problems and concerns for setting expectations.
This ensures students to become successful learners who enjoy learning and successfully apply core concepts learnt from various subjects creating a positive learning atmosphere.
Here we aim that every student;
· Understand subjects and ideas in ways specific to the subject
· Articulate through ideas effectively using oral, written and nonverbal communication skills in a variety of forms and contexts
· Use technology to access and provide information and to communicate with others
· Understand and apply knowledge to real life experiences
· Develop a sense of responsibility
· Respect diversity
· Exhibit sensitivity towards environmental issues
· Learn to manage and utilize resources judiciously
Thus, catering to a varied and diverse range of individual differences, intelligence and abilities and provides a plethora of opportunities to enjoy learning experience through integration of generic skills , values and attitude in key learning areas.
Learning how to learn
The focus of this group is the development of knowledge, understanding the self, conceptual understanding and skills essential for academic and real life success of a student.
Developing and applying the social, thinking, research, communication and self management skills helps students learn how to learn.